Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The Curious Thing About Growing Up.

Growing up rather than ageing.

Because, we treat ageing like a dirty word. Only to be uttered in secret or to placate; "there, there, you are still very much relevant".

We become the new old people, you know, the ones we regarded as ancient and wondered why they clung so desperately to youth. 

Only now as my mind races much faster than my body, do I understand the possible disconnect they must have felt too.

But even with the new aches and creaks come more lived experiences and clarity, discovering and understanding yourself more, knowing AND liking yourself and extending yourself grace.

Ignore my ramblings, I scoff at myself, I'm not even thaaaat old yet, but I look forward to growing up even more, creaking knees and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment